My World

  I live by three words; Progress Not Perfection. These three words embody my art journey entirely. My art journey started when I was a first-year student in high school, and it consists of three mediums; music writing, photography, and fashion and design. I dabble a little in cinematography, but primarily in the other three mediums. My personal motto with art is, especially photography, to capture something today to create inspiration for tomorrow. A medium in art is merely a system used to translate a message. The message should not only transcend the medium, but it should transcend time as well. Art should portray a message that is not only significant today, but the message should be remarkable to anybody at any point in time.  The message I want to spread through my art is Live, Love, Laugh. I believe that to get through life one must be capable of loving and laughing. McLuhan states that “Our time presents a unique opportunity for learning by means of humour—a perceptive or incisive joke can be more meaningful than platitudes lying between two covers” Unfortunately my art does not reflect me entirely. I live in a complicated world, and one of my future goals is to be able to not only to express my serenity in my art, but my chaos as well. Art reflects the artist and their values, so for my art to be true to me it must reflect all of me.  

Boneyard: This is one of my first photography photos ever and it was inspired by the elephant graveyard from the Lion King 

Off the Court: This image was taken during my sophomore year basketball season after I had tore my ACL and meniscus. This was a way for me to express how I felt about not being able to play basketball
 
Two Best Friends: I was able to capture this photo at my senior year homecoming of my two friends having a silly moment at our last high school homecoming . Fun Fact: this was my first ever hired event as a photographer

Heads or Tails: This photo is from an assignment I had in my high school photography class where I had to capture motion. To my surprise I was able to capture a nickel in the middle of a spin


Self Portrait: This is my first ever self portrait 

L.I.S.A.(Love Is So Amazing): this is my Mona Lisa inspired photoshoot 






Björklunden Photoshoot

River


Comments

  1. Your art motto is very inspiring and I love your photos. They having feeling in both a texture and emotional way that it is really impressive and moving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally want to get better at photo taking, and your photography art works are really inspiring! Very excited for your new works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the way your photos show that you've been exploring your style and evolving it. It definitely matches your motto and I look forward to seeing how this style evolves more over time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your photos that are being presented.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where I'm Headed

Music Soundscape